Thursday, June 28, 2012

When was the last time?

When was the last time you did something for the first time? That's what I would like to know. I always hear people talking about how "one day" this and "some day" that, well I would like to say, GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND DO IT! Stop living for tomorrow and start living for today, in the now, live for the moment! All we have is the moment, list is just a string of moments pinned together in our mind. In any given moment you can choose to do that insanely crazy thing, like call the person you like and ask them out. Why not? Because it's scary? They might reject you? The might say no? Well I have a secret I want to tell you...they might say YES! That crazy insane moment might turn out to be the best thing that you have ever done in your life. My crazy insane moment was when I was at a coffee shop with my friend SJ and we were talking about how I was heading to Europe for a three month backpacking trip. I was expressing how I wanted to stay longer and she said to get a work visa and do it. So I got up, went home, filled out the paperwork 4 months before I was due to leave and BAM! Two months before I left I found out that I had been approved and that I was preparing to move to London, England for the next 2 years of my life instead of three months. Was I scared? YES! I hadn't even lived out of my parents house but boy I will tell you that was the best choice I've ever made in my life. So why are you holding yourself back? Why aren't you giving yourself the opportunity to experience all those things in life that you want? Because of fear, plain and simple. The only way you will ever get what you really want out of life is to push through all that fear and on to the other side where it is bright and shiny. Will you get knocked down a few times? You betcha! Will it be a little hard work, probably. Will it be so utterly worth it? YES YES a million times YES! Think about you life, all the things that have happened. Now think about how many amazing things came only AFTER you got over your fear and just overcame whatever obstacle it was that was in your way. Probably most of them. The reason is because if it's easy to get you don't feel like you've accomplished anything, but if there is struggle and you WORKED for it then the reward is that much sweeter. Life is full of ups and downs, I will end with this awesome quote from the movie We Bought a Zoo - "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

Gratitude Journal of the Day...
I'm Grateful for...
1) Always jumping at the chance to do something for the first time, even if it scares me.
2) Air Miles! Just booked my trip to Dallas for the end of August, FREE + tax!
3) My firm belief that something good is going to happen
4) Music that helps heal my soul
5) Discovering amazing new app's for my iPhone :)


For those of us who need a little help believing that it can happen, let me be the one to tell you that it will happen. Love is the most beautiful gift we have in this world, share it with every soul you meet <3


No comments:

Post a Comment