Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Gingers Do It Best: I Cut All My Hair Off

ginger hair

FINALLY! I have chopped off ALL my hair! Well, not all of my hair, but enough to bring sexy back! You know when you get a new haircut and you get that feeling like you can conquer the world? I have that racing through my body right now, and my goodness it feels SO good!


Hanging With Jann Arden!
For the last year I have been growing my hair and it's been a love/hate relationship. It's funny because it was the one year anniversary of starting to grow my hair when I got it all chopped off. I remember because I had last gotten it cut for Sarah McLachlan's "Voices in the Park" which is held in Vancouver. Back then I was part of the Vancouver Men's Chorus and we had been asked to perform for the event on stage and it was all very amazing. With people like Jann Arden, Bryan Adams, Stevie Nicks and ex President Bill Clinton all making appearances I had to make sure I was looking good. After that, for god knows what reason, I thought it would be fun to grow my hair out. I think it was because of my friend Nils, he has this dreamy long blonde hair that's so full of volume and reminds me of someone like Fabio, only a million times more attractive. I had seriously underestimated the amount of time and upkeep it was going to need though! I'm going to say it here and now, GIRLS - I'M SORRY! That was just way too much work for a gay like me. I have to admit, I did have that whole Prince Charming look going on for a while, but enough was enough. A lot of people would compliment my hair because of the colour. I'm a natural ginger and they would always ask if it was real, it is. Now that it's gone I can happily say I love the new hair. I've always really liked myself with a nice short haircut and it looks really good combed over as well.

Jessica sent me this, apparently I looked like Animal
The thing with my hair was, it drove me absolutely nuts. I have no idea why I let it drag on for so long. I guess maybe I was trying to prove a point to myself? I sometimes find I have a tendency to not follow through on some projects and this time I was going to make it happen come hell or high water. During this past year though I was so unhappy with my appearance, I just wasn't being myself. I could have just chopped it all off way back when but I made myself suffer through it, and for what? To prove a point? Well my point now is that I'm never going to make myself unhappy again just to prove a point. It's like holding a grudge, no one wins in the end. I met my goal though, I said I was going to do it for a year and I did. Do I feel any different? Not really no. Would I ever try it again? NO! Life is too short to hold onto things that don't make you happy.

So go out there dear readers. Make that change you have been DYING to make and live you life the way you want to! Who cares what everyone else might think, it's not their life to live, it's yours.

A Tour of my Year of Hair

ginger hair
ginger hair ginger hair

ginger hairginger hair
ginger hair
ginger hair


ginger hair
                 ginger hairginger hair


No comments:

Post a Comment