Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How To Overcome The Holiday "I'm Single" Blues

Calan-Breckon-Dear-Someone-Video

I'm going to be honest here and let you all know that this video was really difficult for me to make. The reason behind that is people don't like appearing to be vulnerable or imperfect. A lot of the time we like to wear these suits of "I'm totally cool, everything is fine in my life." We all know it's total utter crap but knowing that for ourselves and putting it out there for the world to see are two very different things. In this video I allowed myself to just put it all out there and share with you what helps me move through the process of being single during the holidays.

I myself have been in a serious long term relationship and loved it, I prefer to be in relationships. I get deep fulfilment from sharing my journey with someone else in a romantic setting. However, I'm not the type of person who absolutely must be with someone. I know that I'm enough and love myself enough to be alone when I need to be alone. I would love to be in a relationship with someone but I'm not just going to jump on the first prospect that comes along. I spend a lot of time with myself checking in to make sure I know I'm in the right space to meet someone and also whether this person comes along with those right intuitions for me. When I meet someone I always know deep down in my gut whether or not this person will be right for me. I'm blessed to have developed enough with my intuition to just know not to push it, or if there is genuine possibilities there.

Despite knowing myself, loving myself and always checking in with myself, I too still have those feelings of loneliness. It's just a natural human emotion when you don't have a lot of people around you to support you or hug. I make it a point to hug my roommate at least twice a day because I know that the simple act of having those hugs will help keep me in a space of balance. When I get those hugs they can keep me going in a positive way and thus I'm not looking for the next guy to come along to date. I would rather take my time and know in my gut that the person I am with is the right one for me. It doesn't mean that I'm going to marry the person and it's immediately all in right off the get go. But what it does mean is that if I at least have all those intuitions saying yes and they're coming from a space of not needing the other person but simply from a place of being open to sharing my journey with that person, then that's what I should go for. Not the "I'm single, I'm lonely, I want someone now." We all know that never works out for anyone. I love this awesome quote - "If you don't love yourself, how in the world are you going to love someone else?"

Do yourself a favour this holiday season and write your own "Dear Someone" letter. Give it to the Universe to do all the work and sit back and relax. Just know that once you release the anxiety of needing another person and slip into the knowingness that the Universe has your back, miracles can happen.


*Book your first Life Coaching session with me now and test the waters. Your first session is free so why not give it a try at least once? Email me at DiscoveringYourTruth@gmail.com to set it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment